Monday, September 26, 2011

Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Foundation


Wow!

I actually love this foundation and am in shock over it.  I've never really been a big fan of Smashbox anything, but I love this foundation.  It took some playing around to find my shade since a lot of their foundations have pink undertones (why I don't know), but once I found my color, 3.2, it's beautiful!

 I was using MAC's Studio Fix Powder or Studio Fix Fluid, both of which have completely ruined my skin.  I never had this many breakouts until I started using MAC foundations, but they do give beautiful coverage.  I'll still continue to use their Skinfinish Natural Powders cause they are light, but can't do their foundations anymore.  I love, love, love the full coverage and finish MAC foundations give, but you end up needing all that coverage in the long run to cover all the blemishes you get.

Anywho, back to Smashbox.  This foundation is oil-free, hydrating (but then most liquid foundations are), and long wearing.  It says 15 hour wear on the bottle and so far it's going strong.  I've even sweated in it (hot out today in AZ) and it still looks perfect.  It also contains an SPF 10...not much, but any little bit of sun protection is an added bonus.

This foundation is supposed to improve skin's hydration by 25% in eight weeks...I'll let you know how that's going eight weeks from now.  It's also humidity resistant, shine free, and I rubbed my shirt against it and it didn't transfer onto my clothes!!!  It's super light-weight and comfortable and looks natural.  It's gives medium coverage when first applied, but can be built to full coverage without looking gunked on.

I have major love for this foundation.  I'll give an update in a few weeks on how it's working.
  

11 comments:

Makeup by Hend said...

Love your blog. It's really great :)

http://hendthemakeupartist.blogspot.com

Rachel B said...

Thank you!

blushy said...

Hi could you help me. I was wondering what mac shade are u in cos I'd like to buy this foundation online. Im an NC40 so would 3.2 be too dark for me? thanks!

Rachel B said...

I'm NC40 in MAC too, so 3.2 should be perfect for you :)

blushy said...

THANK YOU SOO MUCH! It wouldn't oxidize into a darker shade right?

Rachel B said...

Nope, I loved this cause it didn't oxidize. Stayed the same shade :)

Rachel B said...

Nope, I loved this cause it didn't oxidize, just beware of the powder you use to set it :)

blushy said...

Oh alright good to know! Setting it with a loose powder would be fine right? Thank u sooo much! Truly helped me. (:

Rachel B said...

Loose powder should be fine :)

Anonymous said...

Hi! I'm NC45 in MAC with yellow undertones would 3.4 be a match for me? :)

Rachel B said...

I would think 3.4 would work for you. However, to be sure go to Ulta or Sephora and get color matched, wear it for the day, and see how you feel.