Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol IV

I'm such a sucker for Urban Decay.  I saw their new book of shadows and immediately had to have it. The colors in the palette are gorgeous with an even dark to light ratio.  There are a few tried and true colors like Baked, Sin, and Midnight Cowgirl, but an array of new colors too like Blue Bus, Hijack, and Bust.  As always with Urban Decay, the colors are super pigmented, blendable, and go on smoothly.  None of the shadows are matte, they all have a metallic sheen to them.  The only thing I didn't like about this palette was the price point...$64 is a little extreme.  I had to debate with myself to buy it (only lasted a few seconds but still).  Then there's the speaker that comes with the palette...I don't know if they threw that in there to raise the price but I think it's pretty pointless.  I don't need my makeup palette to play music for me.  But all the shadows are beautiful, the palette that they come in is pretty too.  I love all the butterflies.  It also comes with a liquid liner in Perversion, a mini mascara, and a mini tube of the original primer potion. 

All in all I love this palette as I always to with UD, all the shadow colors are divine...just next time take out the speaker and lower the price.

Book of Shadows 

Inside the Lid

 Shadows, Liquid Liner, Mini Mascara, Mini Primer, Speaker

    Shadows

Top Row Left to Right: Blue Bus, Gunmetal, Cobra, Baked, Bender, Gravity, Lost, Hijack
Bottom Row Left to Right: Midnight Cowgirl, Sin, Midnight Rodeo, Crystal, Bust, Missionary, Skimp, Zephyr



No comments: