Monday, December 19, 2011

Holiday Party Glittery Eye

I wore this look to my husband's Squadron Christmas party and taught a class on how to the next day.  I love this look!  Great for Christmas parties or New Year's!  You can also take it a step further than me and apply the glitter over your entire lid instead of just the inner corner. 


How To:

1. Prime upper lid with concealer/primer.  I used Urban Decay's Primer Potion 

2. Apply eyeshadow and liner in whichever style you desire. I used MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline from my lower lash line to just below my crease, then blended it up a little past my crease to get rid of any harsh lines and create a smokey appearance.  I followed that with MUFE's #04 (matte black eyeshadow), pressing it into the Blacktrack to make it darker and set it.  Then I lined under my eye with #04 and Blacktrack in the waterline.

3. Dab on a thin layer of Too Faced’s Glitter Glue in the inner corner of your eye and follow with glitter working small sections at a time so the Glue doesn't dry. (You can also use Eyelash Adhesive, but I like the Glitter Glue much better).  Press the glitter into the Glue instead of sweeping it on.  I used NYX's Eye Glitter in Disco Ball.  (You can also do this process across your entire lid if so desired).

4. Brush excess glitter off eye and clean up fall out

5. Apply Mascara and false lashes (if desired)

6. Finish the rest of your face. 

Foundation - Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Foundation, MAC's Skinfinish Natural Powder
Cheeks - Dark Pink blush from Coastal Scents palette, Matte Dark Brown eyeshadow as contour
Brows - Matte Dark Brown eyshadow
Lips - MAC Dazzlegloss in Dressed to Dazzle

This look stayed for hours and my face wasn't covered with glitter by the end of the night!





1 comment:

Paula said...

Love this look on you Rachel! I'm going to try it!