Friday, October 11, 2013

Halloween Look - The Mask


Or masquerade, or Mardi Gras, or Fantasy Ball...any fun event that requires a mask...this one is for you.  You can use any color for the eye color, mask color, décor lines and dots, and jewels.  Have fun with it...play with lines, shapes, and color.  You could use a stencil, but I just free handed it.  It was a fun look to create and it only took about an hour.

First, apply your moisturizer, foundation, and setting powder.  The foundation I use is Urban Decay's Naked Skin and I use their Naked Powder to set.  Make sure your foundation looks really flawless and don't worry too much about around the eyes, they get filled with color later.

Next, using a liquid liner or cream liner or wet shadow (I used MAC's Fluidline in Blitz and Glitz) draw an outline of the mask you want.  Could be half your face, could be a traditional mask shape, could have some curves to it like mine.  However you want.  Don't fill in the shape yet though.

Next, grab whatever color you want around your eyes (I used Lime Crime's Magic Dust in Siren, wet for a really metallic look) and draw a circle, oval, heart...whatever shape you want...around your eyes, fill in with color.  Line your upper eyelid (I used MAC's fluidline in Blacktrack), waterline, and tightline your upper waterline for that really dark look.

Once, your eye makeup is done to your liking, fill in your mask (I used MAC's fluidline in Blitz and Glitz).  Use care around your eye makeup.

Now that your mask is filled in, start adding lines, shapes, designs, and jewels.  Let your imagination go wild.  I used Lime Crime's Magic Dusts in Siren and Treasure Chest, and glued on jewels and hologram glitter hearts with my Duo lash glue.

Glue on your lashes.  Mascara.

Do your lips.  I used OCC Lip Tar in Black Metal Dahlia.

Done!

 




 
My daughter loved this look!  She kept giving me kisses...sweet baby :)

No comments: